Saturday, September 25, 2010

End of Summer and Stuff (Lots of Stuff)

So the new school year is in full swing and I'm literally counting down the days until Summer! I've never been one of those Moms who looks forward to September. I love having my kids around and I love the endless possibilities of summer. This year was a little different because I worked but it was still great not to have homework or afterschool activities or a real schedule to follow. Sure we had to get out of the house on time and to camp but it was still summer. I love the warm weather and the sunshine.

Now we are back to having to be out every day after school. Julia has practice Monday, Wednesday and Friday for TWO hours and it will probably increase in January! Chris has soccer on Tuesdays and Thursdays with games on Saturdays. Soon we will add hockey into the mix and gymnastics meets over the weekends. We also have homework and bathing. It's hard to fit it all in...plus the powers that be in our school district added 10 minutes to the end of the school day, forcing a mad dash to get to activities on time.

I do not have a smartphone or blackberry (yet) so I carry "the book." The book has all our committments in black and white. I cannot believe that I have things scheduled all the way into MAY!!!! What happened to lazy days at home. I don't have to tell my kids not to watch tv -- they're not here to watch it.

I can't say I love all the activity but I also can't say I don't love it either. This is time I spend with my family. I am still reeling at the thought of Julia turning 10 in February so I know this is my opportunity to drink it all in--to burn these memories into my brain. I know that it will be over in a blink and I want to know that I was there--I was present. At the same time I would love a day or two to just be--to just laze around and not feel guilty that I'm neglecting something else. I am trying really hard to remember that when I'm gone people are not going to remember that my house wasn't always tidy -- I hope they will remember that I was here. I hope the kids will remember beyond that I drove them crazy that I was there...

Today I dropped Chris off at a party and then he need to be on the soccer field by 3:15. Julia happily has the day off, sigh ....she wants to go skating, maybe later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcake