Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving and being thankful.

I wasn't feeling particularly festive as this Thanksgiving approached. Winterstorm Alfred left us without power and water for EIGHT days. During that time we lost Barney. I really thought he would live forever. I knew he was nearing the end and yet when it came I was completely unprepared. I know many shake their heads insisting he was just a dog. To me he was so much more. He was there for me for 12 years with a wag of a tail and a kiss. He was always happy to see me and always seemed to know when I was down and how to cuddle up next to me and make me feel better. He was here before my children. I still wake up surpirsed he's not here. Putting out our Christmas decorations of course I knew I would feel pangs of sadness as I pulled out his ornaments and stocking. He is back with us now and sits on the fireplace in his "gold package" cedar box. I miss him. Every day I look at where his bed was and I'm just a little sad. I am thankful that I had him for 12 years. I am thankful that I was with him at the end and I am thankful that he is no longer sick. I am thankful that I have Katya to cuddle now. I am thankful for a wonderful family and loving friends. I am thankful for all the blessings I have and they are so many. God has been good to me. Things are not always easy but I have so much more than most and at this time of year it is good to remind myself of that. So Barney love have fun at the rainbow bridge. God give him an extra cuddle for me and thank you for sharing him with me.




Thank you to my family and friends for sharing Thanksgiving with us. We had good laughs and a wonderful dinner prepared by so many hands. We could have held a bake sale with all the goodies we had. The first anual Black Friday lunch party was also so much fun. Olives will forever make me laugh :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cupcake